2013 Korean Film Festival
Ready for the new wave of Korean cinema? Six (6) popular films will be featured in the 2013 Korean Film Festival. A variety of their homegrown movies will be available for viewing such as Green Days, Masquerade, Sunny, A Werewolf Boy, Deranged, and Dancing Queen. These will be shown in SM Cinemas located in Megamall, Iloilo, Cebu, and Davao. As always, admission is FREE so be at the movie house at least 2 hours before the screening starts to guarantee your seat. Invite your family and friends and enjoy watching all of it!
- The animated film Green Days, voiced by actors PARK Shin-hye, SONG Chang-eui and OH Yeon-soo, is a coming-of-age story of Yi-Rang, a track runner, Soo-Min, a pretty transfer student from Seoul and Chul-soo, as they work towards their dreams.
- Topbilling the period film Masquerade are LEE Byung-hun of the G.I Joe fame and HAN Hyo-joo as their respective characters tackle the intricacies of court life during the Joseon dynasty. In a turn of events, King Gwang-hae was poisoned and a court jester who looks remarkably like the king, Ha-sun, fills in the role of the king until the true king recovers fully. Ha-sun’s vastly different personality incites change in the morale among the people in the castle for the better.
- It retells the story of seven girls whose friendship stretches far back in high school through the journey of Na-mi, one of the seven girls. Chun-hwa, one of the girls, is presently terminally ill and asks Na-mi to get together the old members of Sunny for the last time before she dies.
- Popular actors SONG Joong-ki and PARK Bo-young grace the fantasy-romance flick A Werewolf Boy about the young "wolf boy" and a girl who had just moved to the small rural village as these two strangers find affection from each other against a cold world that shuns them both.
- In Deranged, panic grows across the country as an epidemic of suicides occur where the victims jump into the river. The alarmed government declares a state of emergency. Medical supplies salesman Jae-hyuk suspects his family is showing symptoms of the drowning victims and through his brother, Detective Jae-pil, they search for the antidote to such.
- In Dancing Queen, the wife of the Seoul mayoral candidate was a Dancing Queen, formerly a popular talent whose chase for her dreams came to an abrupt stop when her husband, Jung-min, decided to run for office. The movie goes through the journey of Jung-hwa as she balances her life as a wife of a political candidate and as a leader of the Dancing Queen.
- Log on to phil.korean-culture.org to view the screening schedule
- Go to the scheduled SM Cinema on the scheduled movie dates at least two (2) hours before the screening time to guarantee your seat
- Watch and enjoy as many films as you can
- September 18-23 , 2013 (SM Megamall)
- September 26-29, 2013 (SM Iloilo)
- October 3-6, 2013 (SM Cebu)
- October 10-13, 2013 (SM Lanang, Davao)
- FREE Korean Films!
- Watch FREE films