18th French Film Festival
Here's another reason for you to enjoy the start of the second half of this year. Together, let us celebrate the passion for cinema shared by both France and our country in the 18th French Film Festival. A roster of great films await the moviegoers. These include What's In A Name?, Camille Rewinds, Rust and Bone, The Dandelions, and Cycling With Moliere. That's 5 films in 4 days! Since both French and Philippine cinema are alike in making films centering in family and humor themes, I'm sure everyone will enjoy all of the movies in store. Admission is FREE so come to Greenbelt 3, Cinema 3, Ayala Center at least 2 hours before the screening schedule to guarantee your seat.
Le Prenom (What's In A Name?)
- Vincent, successful in his forties, will soon be a Dad, and is invited to dinner at his sister's place Elisabeth, with his brother in law, and Claude a childhood friend. While waiting for Anna, his wife, they tease him about his eminent fatherhood and when they ask him what name he plans to give his first born, his reply brings family into chaos.
- Camille was sixteen years old when she met Eric. They fell madly in love and had a daughter, 25 years later, Eric is leaving Camille for a younger woman. That's New Year's Eve, and Camille suddenly finds herself back in her past. She is sixteen again and has returned to her parents, her girlfriends, her childhood and Eric. Will she flee and try to change the course of their lives? Will she fall in love with him again, even though she knows their story will end?
- It begins in the north of France. Ali finds work as a bouncer at a local nightclub. After breaking up a fight one evening, he meets Stephanie, a beautiful, self-confident woman. They spend the night together. The next day he leaves her his number. But she is a princess and he is a poor fellow. Stephanie is a killer whale trainer at the local Marineland. After a terrible accident one day, Ali gets an unexpected phone call from Stephanie. When he sees her again she is in a wheelchair. She has lost both her legs and her dreams. Without pity, without compassion, Ali will simply help her live again.
- Stuck between her parents, who smother her with love, and constant blunders, nine-year-old Rachel counts the minutes separating her from freedom. Until the day her path crosses that of intrepid Valerie
- A once great actor, Serge Tanneur (Fabrice Luchini), has retired from the limelight. Too much pressure meant that one day, he simply decided he would act no more. For the past three years, he has lived in solitude on the Ile de Re, spending his time cycling through the swept landscape. With the play's producer, Gauthier's agent and his lover all arriving on the island at the weekend, the pressure is on Serge to make up his mind. Is he merely toying with Gauthier, or does he really intend to take to the stage once more?
- Log on to ambafrance-ph.org to view the screening schedules
- Rush to Greenbelt 3, Cinema 3, Ayala Center Makati City at least two (2) hours before the screening time on the scheduled movie dates to guarantee your seat
- Watch and enjoy as many films as you can!
- June 6
- What's In a Name? - 9PM (By invitation only)
- June 7
- The Dandelions - 4PM
- Rust and Bone - 6:30PM
- Camille Rewinds - 9PM
- June 8
- What's In A Name? - 4PM
- Cycling With Moliere - 6:30PM
- Rust and Bone - 9PM
- June 9
- Camille Rewinds - 4PM
- The Dandelions - 6:30PM
- Cycling With Moliere - 9PM
- FREE French Films
- Watch FREE films!