Sulit.com.ph for Kuripot buyerIf you are indeed a Kuripot like me, you would know where to go first when you need to find and buy products locally. Where else but Sulit.com.ph of course! Be it a product, service, real estate, cars, jobs well almost everything. Because of the amount of sellers posting on Sulit complete with rates and prices, it's so easy to sort through. Just pick up the phone and call them up one at a time. That's what my brother did a few months ago when he bought a Galaxy SIII for P20,000 from an individual who didn't like the phone which she got for free with her network plan.
It's not only the Kuripot buyers who benefit from Sulit.com.ph but so does Kuripot sellers. Where else can you have a free storefront where thousands of eyes can see your products both on the Sulit search page and top search engines like google, yahoo and bing? I know someone who sells breeds hamsters who claims to be selling about 2 or 3 hamsters a week thanks to Sulit. Not only can he continue with his hobby of breeding but also earn a few bucks from it. Why not right? But do you ever wonder who is behind this number 1 buy and sell website, Sulit.com.ph? Well, it was founded by husband and wife duo RJ and Arianne David. They were a 2 man team for the longest time - 2 years! Now that's what you call in the startup world as bootstrapping. It's really quite a journey for the couple and the website.
Here's a brief history of Sulit.com.ph
- September 11, 2006 – launched as a free online classified ads website by RJ and Arianne David.
- August 2007 - moved from RJ’s bedroom to a small 2-man office in front of RJ’s residence
- January 2008 - established as a corporation under the name Netrepreneur Connections Enterprises, Inc. but still remained as a home-based business.
- March 2008 - hired 1st team member.
- October 2008 - first CSR activity of Sulit.com.ph in partnership with Bantay Bata 163 was held in Norzagaray, Bulacan.
- December 2008 - Sulit.com.ph held its first Sulit.com.ph Christmas Party with more than 200 members attending the event
- August 2009 - Sulit.com.ph closed a partnership deal with Myriad Investment Holdings, a multinational media group from South Africa, making them shareholders of the company.
- August 2009 - relocated from Angono to its current office in Ortigas and increased its workforce to 10 employees.
- May 2010 - Launch of Sulit Gold
- September 2010 - The newest website interface was released
- February 2011 - Launch of Sulit Cars
- May 2011 - Opening of Sulit Netrepreneur Academy
- June 2011 - Sulit.com.ph reached the 1,000,000th member mark.
- July 2011 - Launch of Sulit Real Estate
- April 2012 - First ever ATL campaign: Ano hanap mo?
- April 2012 - Sulit.com.ph iOS app
- August 2012 - Lourd de Veyra officially becomes a Sulit.com.ph brand ambassador
- October 2012 - First ever Sulit.com.ph blogger event
Looking into the future, Sulit.com.ph is adding more useful features for both buyers and sellers. For one, location is now geo-targeted. So when you search from Cebu, it automatically detects your location and primarily shows you sellers from Cebu who can actually delivery your item or provide he service.
To protect buyers from bad sellers, Sulit implemented the Sulit Check badge and Feedback Score.