Smart Sun Dual Plan worth it?Smart and Sun just unveiled a new postpaid plan that tries to bring the power of the 2 networks together. For P549 a month, you get a Smart and Sun postpaid plan with unlimited text to both networks. Smart to Smart calls for 2 hours and Sun to Sun calls for 4 hours. They packaged the plan with a dual sim Nokia phone. The big question is, is the Smart Sun Dual Plan 549 worth it? Let's evaluate shall we?
- Comes with a free dual-SIM Nokia C2-03 phone worth about P4,500
- Unilmited SMS to Smart and Sun
- Smart to Smart calls for 2 hours and Sun to Sun calls for 4 hours
- Cheaper than existing promos like Smart Unlitext - Unlimited Smart to Smart SMS and plus 20 hrs call to Smart good for a month for 5 days for P60
- Lock in period of usually 2 years or 24 months
- You receive 2 billing statements every month
- Old numbers from existing plans may not be transferred to the Smart Sun Dual plan
- More expensive than existing promos like Sun prepaid TU200 - Unlimited Sun to Sun SMS and 500 text other networks plus 4 hrs to Sun call good for a month for P200
- More expensive than existing postpaid - Unlimited Sun to Sun SMS and calls plus 250 SMS to other networks good for a month for P350
If you are a heavy user of Smart SMS service and want additional SMS and calls to Sun, go with this Smart Sun Dual plan. If however you are a heavy user of Sun SMS and only need to contact a few Smart numbers, it's better to stick with the prepaid or postpaid plan of Sun. Then again, it's up to you on how you will weigh the pros and cons I listed above.
For more information, log on to Sun Cellular's Facebook post of the promo