British Council Essay ContestFilipino students ages 12-15 years old are invited to submit their entries to the British Council Essay Writing Contest. The theme of which is quite simple. Answer “Why do I want to go to the UK?” in 300 - 500 words. The winner will be given a round trip ticket to UK and will experience a three-week summer camp on July 31 to August 20, 2011 at St. Edmund’s College
- Philippine passport holders and aged 12-15 years old as of 1st January 2011. Relatives of British Council employees (up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity) are disqualified.
- Theme: “Why do I want to go to the UK?”
- Entry Guidelines
- Type-written in essay format on A4 size bond paper using MS Word, font size 12, font Times New Roman and double-spaced, with 3/4th inch margins top and bottom and ½ inch margins left and right.
- In English
- Minimum of 300 words and maximum of 500 words
- Complete with bibliographical notes
- Michael Cabigon
10/F Taipan Place
F. Ortigas Jr. Road
Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605
- 65% - Substance, content, originality, analysis and adherence to the Essay theme
- 20% - style, organization and creativity
- 15% - Logic, organization and coherence
- British Council will provide one winner return airfare, Manila terminal fee, visa processing fee and tuition for the three-week summer camp on July 31 to August 20, 2011. The visa processing fee will be refunded to the winner upon presentation of official receipt from VFS.
- No entry fee
- One of a kind experience for the winner
- No online submission