Gig Book Storywriting Contest '11The Gig and the Amazing Sampaguita Foundation, Inc. seeks to promote well-bonded relationships among and within seafarer and OFW families through reading habits. The foundation is therefore encouraging storytellers to help their cause by joining the 2nd Gig Book Storywriting Contest. Write a 750 word story about the lives of seafarer families that children can identify themselves with. The selected stories will Win P20,000 CASH and will be published in a full-color illustrated book.
- Open to anyone age 18 years or older
- Theme - resonate well with children (6 - 12 yrs. old) whose fathers are mostly away at sea, and preferrably promote positive human values (e.g. love, respect, honesty, compassion, care, humility, responsibility, understanding, strength, courage, resilience, etc.)
- Must be 750 words or less
- Microsoft Word document
- 12 points Times Roman normal (no bold, no italics, no underlining), double-spaced, with no accompanying or inserted artwork or graphics or identifying marks whatsoever
- Page setup is letter-size paper (8.5 inches by 11 inches) with a 1-inch margin all around
- Plot and sequence must be capable of sustaining a 32-page illustrated book
- Title of the story
- Contestant’s complete name, age, mailing address, cellphone number, and landline
- Five (5) to 10 (ten) winners EACH receiving a cash prize of PhP 20,000.00, a Winner’s Certificate, and the opportunity to have their winning story published as a full-color, fully illustrated storybook.
- FREE to do
- Online submission
- No exact number of winners
- "Organizer will be the exclusive publisher of their winning story, if the Organizer decides to publish it"