Quisimbing-Escandor PhotofestThe Quisimbing-Escandor Film Festival aims to give light the current status of maternal and child health of our country. It believes that it is a strong indicator of a nation’s state of development and prosperity with the government as the main driving force behind it. Along with a video contest to promote the advocacy, a photo contest is also launched. You may enter up to 3 photos to the Quisimbing-Escandor Photofest in either black & white or colored category. Photos that best showcase the theme will Win CASH prizes.
- Theme: "Sa ngalan ng ama, ng anak, at ng ina" (Maternal and Child Health)
- "Entries should showcase how not only biological but socio-economic-cultural-political and environmental factors contribute to maternal and child health problems and solutions. It would enable people to put health issues in a holistic social context, thus providing a better understanding on the true scope of the issue."
- Black and White
- All entries must be unpublished
- Digital JPEG or TIFF formats, no larger than 3MB
- Minimum resolution of 1200 pixels by 1600 pixels at 72 dpi
- Winners must submit a 300 dpi resolution
- Photoshop or other editing software is limited to basic post-processing actions, such as contrast, color-balancing, sharpening, cropping, burning and dodging
- Photos should not include watermarks, frames, or other markings on the photo, such as the date and time of the entry
- You may accompany your photo with a title not exceeding ten (10) words
- 50% Substance, Originality and Impact
30% Fidelity to the Theme
20% Aesthetic Technique
- Grand Prize: P20,000
- Black and White Category: P10,000
- Colored Photography Category: P10,000
- People’s Choice Award: P5,000
- Special prizes may be awarded as deemed by the organizers
- No entry fee
- Online submission
- Maximum of three (3) entries per entrant is allowed
- "The Mu Sigma Phi Fraternity respects the right of the photographer, and will give appropriate credit whenever the photo is published by the Fraternity"