Children Storywriting ContestInviting writers to join this year's 2011 CANVAS' Annual Romeo Forbes Children's Storywriting Competition. This year, the theme is based on an original untitled oil on canvas painting by Liv Vinluan (picture below). One winner will receive P35,000 CASH and a trophy, the winning author will also see his/her story rendered and published as a full color children's book. Canvas also offers copies of their children's books which you can download for FREE
- Open to all Filipinos
- There is no particular theme, other than the use of this year’s contest piece by artist Liv Vinluan as the inspiration or basis for the entry
- Writers may submit only one entry, in English or Filipino, which shall be limited to 1,500 words or less
- Entries must not have been previously published, and all entrants must warrant the originality of their submitted entries
- Entries must be submitted by email, as a Microsoft Word attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 2011 ROMEO FORBES CHILDREN’S STORYWRITING COMPETITION. In the body of the email, provide your name, title of their entry, mailing and email address, and telephone/cellphone number.
- Only the story title should appear on all pages of the entry, except for the cover page on which the entrants shall indicate their name, mailing and email address, telephone number, and the title of their submitted story.
- NOTE: "CANVAS sends an acknowledgement for each and every entry that we receive. If you submitted a story, and did not receive an acknowledgement from us within 24 hours, please assume that your story was not received and kindly resend it to us"
- Originality and Storyline (35%)
- Imagery (35%)
- Quality of Writing (20%)
- X-Factor/Judges’ discretion (10%)
- One winner will receive
- Cash prize of P35,000 (less the applicable withholding tax)
- Five (5) free copies upon publication of the book
- FREE to do
- Online submission
- Cash Prize
- "The winner shall grant and transfer to CANVAS all intellectual property and publication rights to the story, including the right to translate, adapt and/or make modifications thereto" (see explanation)
- "CANVAS shall exercise full and exclusive editorial and artistic control over the publication of the winning entry and resulting book."
- Only 1 winner