Write about Pinoy NursesThey say that the most exceptional nurses in the world come from Philippines. To give honor to our kababayan nurses, the Commission on Filipinos Overseas through the Presidential Task Force on NCLEX launched an essay writing competition about the Filipino nursing legacy. Not only will your essays inspire our Filipino nurses to strive to be better, but you could also be 1 of 10 winners of P10,000 CASH and a plaque of recognition.
- Open to all Filipino writers, students, professionals and other interested parties of all ages
- Theme: “Heralds of Care: reflections on the Filipino nursing legacy of caring for the country and the world.”
- Entry Guidelines
- Must be between 2,000 to 4,000 words in length, excluding footnotes, endnotes or
- Must have an original title
- Must not be in any form of fiction, poetry, drama or review or summary of existing literature about the topic
- Written in either English or Filipino
- Three (3) hard copies and a soft copy for every entry
- Typewritten or computer typed, double-spaced on 8 ½ x 11” bond paper, with one-inch margin on all sides
- Font type should be Arial with 12 as font size. Multiple pages should have appropriate pagination
- Entrant's name, address and other personal information must not appear on any of the pages of an entry.
- Policy, Planning and Research Division
Commission on Filipinos Overseas
6th Floor, Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue cor.
Osmeña Highway. Manila 1007, the Philippines
- 30% Content and Originality
- 40% Relevance to the theme
- 20% Writing style and impact
- 10% Clarity and eloquence
- 10 winners of P10,000 CASH and a plaque of recognition each
- 10 winners of a hefty CASH prize
- Multiple submission allowed
- "Submitted copies of all entries shall remain with, and become the property of the organizers"