Travel Writing ScholarshipDo you think you have what it takes to be a travel writer? Then submit a travel essay based on your personal experience and you may just get Win a Travel Writing Scholarship 2010 with travel mentor, Simon Richmond. The scholarship includes airfare, accommodations, meals and travel expense to Tokyo, Japan where you will be staying for 7 days to write for "The Rough Guide to Japan" travel guide and another 4 days to enjoy "Flavours of Tokyo" tour with Intrepid Travel. This is a great opportunity for non-professional writers!
- Open to students, emerging and non-professional writers and lovers of travel looking for a career change
- High degree of proficiency in written English
- Must be comfortable doing some travel on your own
- Minimum age 18 with a current passport
- Be available between February 15 - 26 2010 to participate in 'The Rough Guide to Japan' writing assignment and "Flavours of Tokyo" independent tour with Intrepid Travel
- Write a 500 word (or less) travel focused essay based on a personal experience around one of the following themes:
- 'A Journey that Changed Lives'
- 'Responsible Travel'
- 'Adventure in an Unknown Culture'
- 'A Memorable Experience Involving Food in a Foreign Country'
- great descriptive ability
- strong eye for detail
- ability to uncover and tell a compelling story
- excellent spelling and grammar and a knack for avoiding clichés
- Complete an entry form which includes contact details and a 200 word (or less) essay on why you should be chosen and what the opportunity will mean for you
- must be submitted in English
- Scholarship Prize (Total prize value of scholarship is approximately AUD$7,760)
- 1x return economy flight to trip destination Narita Tokyo departing from the nearest international airport to the scholarship recipient's home
- 7 day assignment in Tokyo, Japan, reviewing and updating for The Rough Guide to Japan, including a stipend of AU$100 a day to cover meals and local transport
- 7 day 3-4 star accommodation in Tokyo, Japan with Hotels.com
- 4 day "Flavours of Tokyo" independent tour with Intrepid Travel including accommodation, activities and some meals
- Mentorship with travel writer Simon Richmond of Rough Guide
- FREE to do
- Online submission
- Great opportunity for non-professional writers
- Open worldwide
- Only 1 winner