Blog Your Way to AntarcticaStill hot from the summer heat? Then blog your way to Antartica with Quark's blog contest. In 300 words or less, write why you should be the official Quark blogger. Submit your photo along with your entry to get a chance to Win an Expedition for two to Antarctica worth $20,000! You don't need a blog to participate in this contest since your post will be uploaded on the contest website.
- Must be 21 years of age by June 19, 2009
- Log on to blogyourwaytoantarctica.com and register
- Upload a photo of yourself and write a post answering the question: "Why you should be the Official Quark Blogger" in 300 words or less
- Most number of votes wins
- View complete contest mechanics
- Expedition for two to Antarctica worth $20,000 on February 20 to March 3, 2010
- Shipboard accommodation for two people, aboard Lyubov Orlova in a Main Deck Twin cabin. (Retail value: USD$15,380)
- Economy-class air fare for two people from the international airport nearest to their community to Ushuaia, Argentina and back. (Approximate retail value: USD$4,000)
- One night pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Ushuaia, Argentina, based on twin occupancy, with breakfast.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings and Zodiac excursions per the daily program.
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings.
- Coffee, tea, cocoa and bottled water available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobe on loan for the duration of the voyage.
- Emergency Evacuation Assurance for all passengers with a maximum benefit of $100,000 per person.
- Group transfers from the hotel to the ship in Ushuaia, and from the ship to the local airport on disembarkation – plus all baggage handling aboard ship.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- FREE to do
- Online submission
- No need for a blog
- You are competing with the whole world
- As of writing this post, blog that garnered the highest number of votes has 3466 votes.