Gig Book Storywriting Contest '09Got any good Sailor stories to tell? Then Gig Book Storywriting Contest might be for you. Write a story about seafarer families that children can identify themselves with and you could be one of the people who will get to take home PhP 20,000.00 CASH as well as the opportunity for your story to be published in a full-color illustrated book.
- Open to anyone age 17 years or older
- Theme - resonate well with children (6 - 12 yrs. old) whose fathers are mostly away at sea, and preferrably promote positive human values (e.g. love, respect, honesty, compassion, care, humility, responsibility, understanding, strength, courage, resilience, etc.)
- Must be 1,000 words or less
- Microsoft Word document
- 12 points Times Roman normal (no bold, no italics, no underlining), double-spaced, with no accompanying or inserted artwork or graphics or identifying marks whatsoever
- Page setup is letter-size paper (8.5 inches by 11 inches) with a 1-inch margin all around
- Plot and sequence must be capable of sustaining a 24-page illustrated book
- Title of the story
- Contestant’s complete name, age, mailing address, cellphone number, and landline
- Five (5) to 10 (ten) winners EACH receiving a cash prize of PhP 20,000.00, a Winner’s Certificate, and the opportunity to have their winning story published as a full-color, fully illustrated storybook.
- FREE to do
- Online submission
- Lots of winners
- "Organizer will be the exclusive publisher of their winning story, if the Organizer decides to publish it"