Children's Storywriting CompetitionJoin in CANVAS' 5th Annual Romeo Forbes Children's Storywriting Competition! The theme of this contest is based on an original untitled oil on canvas painting by Juanito Torres (picture below). One winner will receive P35,000.00 in cash and a trophy, the winning author will also see his/her story rendered and published as a full color children's book in mid-2010.
- Open to all Filipinos
- There is no particular theme, other than the use of this year’s contest piece by artist Juanito Torres as the inspiration or basis for the entry
- Writers may submit only one entry, in English or Filipino, which shall be limited to 1,800 words or less
- Entries must not have been previously published, and all entrants must warrant the originality of their submitted entries
- Entries must be submitted by email, as a Microsoft Word attachment, to email@example.com with the subject heading 2009 ROMEO FORBES CHILDREN’S STORYWRITING COMPETITION.
- Only the story title should appear on all pages of the entry, except for the cover page on which the entrants shall indicate their name, mailing and email address, telephone number, and the title of their submitted story.
- Judging Criteria
- Originality and Storyline (40%)
- Imagery (30%)
- Quality of Writing (20%)
- X-Factor/Judges’ discretion (10%)
NOTE: CANVAS sends an acknowledgement for each and every entry that we receive. If you submitted a story, and did not receive an acknowledgement from us within 24 hours, please assume that your story was not received and kindly resend it to us
- One winner will receive
- Cash prize of PhP 35,000.00 (less the applicable withholding tax)
- Five (5) free copies upon publication of the book
- FREE to do
- Online submission
- Cash Prize
- "CANVAS reserves the right not to award the top competition prize in the event that the judges decide that no entry was received that is deserving of the top prize"
- "The winner shall grant and transfer to CANVAS all intellectual property and publication rights to the story, including the right to translate, adapt and/or make modifications thereto"
- "CANVAS shall exercise full and exclusive editorial and artistic control over the publication of the winning entry and resulting book."
- Only 1 winner